- Our passion is knowing that we have made a hospital a safer place for all.
- Effective fire-stopping is essential to having a fire-safe facility
- Knowledge of proper fire-stopping installation is not common.
- SHS will fire-stop a facility then train the in-house staff in proper maintenance requirements.
- We bring highly qualified manpower to the task of Fire-stopping Healthcare Facilities
- CHFM, CHSP-FSM trained Fire-stopping Inspector/Installers
- Trained in NFPA 101 and Joint Commission requirements.
- Trained in UL and FM Rated Systems for Hilti, STI and 3M Systems
- IFC Trained in Basic Fire-stopping, Fire-stopping Penetrations, Fire-stopping Construction Joints
and Inspecting Fire-stopping.
- Life Safety and other safety concerns exist in many areas within a Hospital facility.
- Visual inspections of areas both above and below the acoustical tile ceiling by staff trained to identify deficiencies must be completed periodically.
- Another set of eyes has proven invaluable, time and time again.
- SHS’s trained staff will spot deficiencies and log, locate and photo document per SHS standards.
- Findings are reported in a clear, easy to follow format helping to assure effective documentation and follow through.
- Our survey processes identify all opportunities for improvement in Life Safety or EOC.
- We then connect the dots between the SOC, the drawings and the actual built environment to provide a comprehensive view of the facility’s Life Safety compliance status.
- Our recommendations will help assure a safe, code-compliant facility.
- We educate the hospital staff for understanding of the “why” of the codes and standards to emplace sustainable change.
Life Safety Surveys
- Statement of Conditions Review
- Life Safety Drawings Review
- Building Tour Above and Below Ceiling
Full EOC Surveys
- Management Plans and Annual Evaluations
- Policies and Procedures for the EOC
- Safety Committee Minutes Review
- Includes the Life Safety Survey above
Life Safety/ SOC Drawings
- The Joint Commission has made clear what is to be contained on Statement of Conditions drawings.
- Accurate SOC drawings are an essential first step in establishing a solid Life Safety Management program.
- SHS can update SOC drawings quickly and accurately.
- There are 15 required elements to Statement of Conditions drawings.
- SHS will address all of these via building tour by a Life Safety Code expert.
- Our SOC drawings are straightforward, clear and easy to understand.