- SHS offers on-site or remote training for individuals or groups.
- Facilities Management Staff
- Safety Committee Members
- Post Fire-stop project training helps assure proper maintenance going forward.
- Post survey Needs Based Training fills in the gaps and helps staff understand how all of the pieces fit together.
- ASHE and State Chapter presentations available upon request.
- Free webinars provide education for those unable to attend live conferences.
Upcoming 2018 Webinars
Fire-stopping in Healthcare Facilities
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM CDT
- Register now!
- The number one killer is any structure fire is smoke. Effective sealing of smoke and fire barriers is paramount to having a safe Healthcare Facility. Special knowledge is required regarding where and how to install the correct construction joint and penetration repair systems to maintain the rating of required walls. Learn the ins and outs of doing a proper job of fire-stopping a Healthcare Facility.
- After this Webinar, you will understand the following:
- What Fire-stopping is
- Why it is so important
- When to inspect and repair
- Penetrations verses Construction Joints
- What materials to use
- What a Rated System is
- Where Rated Systems are required
- How to choose Rated Systems
Life Safety Drawings for Accreditation
- Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM CDT
- Register now!
- Abstract: LS.01.01.01 EP 3 now shows where The Joint Commission has identified their requirements for Statement of Conditions (Life Safety) drawings. Be sure that your drawings show the required elements, no less and no more. This 45 minute session will review these requirements as well as the process for getting from ground zero to fully compliant, useful drawings.
- Seminar Objectives – At the end of this program you will be able to discuss:
- The importance of accurate drawings
- Advantages of the 2012 LSC Edition
- Statement of Conditions Requirements
- Integration of Life Safety Layers
- Utility and ICRA Layers
- Impact on the Barrier Management Program
- Impact on Compliance
- Impact on Safety
Using Alternate or Interim Life Safety Measures
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM CDT
- Register now!
- Abstract: When a Life Safety feature of a Healthcare Facility is compromised, the level of safety of all building occupants is reduced. As appropriate, many of these conditions must be compensated for by Alternative methods. This program will provide a solid understanding of the what, why, when and how of ILSM is essential to a well-managed, safe Healthcare Facility.
- Seminar Objectives – To increase participant’s understanding of:
- What ILSM is and ALSM are
- The reasons for ILSM
- When to Assess ILSM
- The ILSM process
- ILSM Implementation
- Fire Watch, When and Hows
- Documenting ILSM
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
View System Requirements
Other Available Webinars
- Conducting the Annual Management Plan Evaluations
- The purpose and value of the annual evaluation
- Requirements for annual evaluations
- The annual evaluation process
- Impact on Safety and Operations
- The Role of Facilities Management in Infection Control
- Those of us that are passionate about Healthcare Safety recognize that Life Safety is important. However, we rarely harm patients with fire. Each year, hundreds of thousands of patients acquire infections while in the hospital. Of those, tens of thousands never see home again. While there are many factors involved, Facilities Management can have a positive impact on these terrible statistics. From air pressure relationships to the prevention of air leakage through fire-stopping, there is much that Facilities can do. Join us for a discussion of this critical topic.
- Prioritizing Work in Healthcare Facilities Management
- Most Facilities Management teams have more demands placed on them than resources required to meet those demands. Effective Healthcare Facilities Management requires the application of the art of prioritizing. Join us to discuss how to prioritize work to assure that a safe and secure environment for care is maintained. You will understand the following from this seminar:
- Recognize the challenges facing today’s Healthcare Facilities Management Teams
- Identify critical activities for safe and code-compliant facilities
- Leverage work management processes to assure correct prioritization
- Assure that the important tasks get completed before less important tasks.
- Utilize a CMMS Effectively